Textbook of Parametric and Nonparametric Statistics
Welcome to the companion site for Textbook of Parametric and Nonparametric Statistics by Vimala Veeraraghavan and Suhas Shetgovekar.
This site offers a robust online environment you can access anytime, anywhere, and features an impressive array of free tools and resources to keep you on the cutting edge of your learning experience.
SAGE companion site for Instructors supports teaching by making it easy to integrate quality content and create a rich learning environment for students.
About the book
This unique textbook guides students and researchers of social sciences to successfully apply the knowledge of parametric and nonparametric statistics in the collection and analysis of data.
This book comprehensively covers all the methods of parametric and nonparametric statistics such as correlation and regression, analysis of variance, test construction, one-sample test to k-sample tests, etc. The two methods of statistics are presented simultaneously, with indication of their use in data analysis. Through adequate knowledge of both techniques, readers can select the appropriate method of testing as well as the graphical method for representing the data.
• Provides a comparative account of the two statistical methodologies: why, when and how to use either of the two methods
• Enables the readers to consider and identify the nature of data and apply the most suitable test
• Exclusive chapter on SPSS and Excel-based statistical analysis of data
• Special coverage of the use of statistics in psychology and psychological test construction
• Contains worked-out problems to help students and scholars for better understanding of the concepts and further practice
Access resources that are only available to Faculty and Administrative Staff.
Want to explore the book further?